a recipe by Giselle Fernandez
Spice crusted roast Atlantic Salmon Fillet with shaved fennel,
baby spinach and herb salad.
- You will need:
- 4 salmon fillets
- spinach for 4
- 1 head baby fennel
- 1/2 bunch sweet basil
- 1 bunch tarragon
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Spice crust ingredients:
- 1 tbsp toasted fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted coriander seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Crust the top of the salmon with the spice mix. Add to a heavy based fry
pan with the spiced side of the salmon down to seal the fish and then roast
for three minutes in a hot oven. That's the most important part.
- Pick the fine tips off the fennel and discard the woody branches. Thinly
slice 1/2 the fennel heads horizontally and mix with baby spinach,
tarragon and basil leaves.
- Season the salad with sea salt, black pepper and dress lightly with olive
oil, lemon juice and zest. Place neatly on a main course plate and present
the warm salmon on top.
- A little boiled squash adds a little more substantial body to the dish
Return to recipe index.
Copyright © 2004 Skinny Hippo Productions
Web design by wa3key